To top

NOTICE: We cannot currently offer Educational Psychology services. We can provide - Cognitive Assessments, SpLD Assessments, and Dyslexia Assessments.


We work with schools onsite to provide a specialist, cost effective and responsive service.

What types of schools do we work with?

We work with all types of schools. Find out more about our work with:

Find out how we can help you if you are a:

What does the SEND code of practice say about schools?

The SEND code of practice (2015) not only extended the age range covered by educational support, but also placed higher demands on schools to make reasonable adjustments within existing provision. We work with school aged children and young people on an individual and group level. Our specialists can also be commissioned for putting whole school approaches in place to make the most of internal resources.

Every school is required to identify and address the SEN of the pupils that they support. Mainstream schools, which...includes maintained schools and academies that are not special schools, maintained nursery schools, 16 to19 academies, alternative provision academies and Pupil Referral Units (PRUs), must:

  • Use their best endeavours to make sure that a child with SEN gets the support they need – this means doing everything they can to meet children and young people’s SEN
  • ensure that children and young people with SEN engage in the activities of the school alongside pupils who do not have SEN
  • Designate a teacher to be responsible for co-ordinating SEN provision – the SEN co-ordinator, or SENCO (this does not apply to 16 to 19 academies)
  • Inform parents when they are making special educational provision for a child
  • prepare an SEN information report...and their arrangements for the admission of disabled children, the steps being taken to prevent disabled children from being treated less favourably than others, the facilities provided to enable access to the school for disabled children and their accessibility plan showing how they plan to improve access progressively over time

SEND code of practice (2015)

Do we carry out statutory work?

Our team of psychologists carry out statutory work as part of our professional, comprehensive and effective service. Statutory work includes assessments to be used as part of an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan in addition to the transfer from statements to EHC plans.

What is included in non-statutory work?

Non-statutory work includes assessments, therapeutic support, training and consultancy. Assessments can be used to identify a broad range of needs and includes individual and group screening. Our psychologists carry out therapeutic support through individual and group interventions. Training provided by our team of psychologists includes workshops and training days which are available to various audiences, including all school staff, parents and carers. Liaising with parents and carers can also be included within consultancy work. Our educational and child psychology input can be designed on a bespoke basis to truly support the needs within schools.

How do we work with the local authority?

Our specialist services can be commissioned by local authorities and education settings. In order to provide a joined-up approach we communicate with relevant professionals on a case by case basis. Our psychology services can be used by schools to replace or supplement existing provision. When working with local authorities information will be shared to prevent the need to repeat information or assessments.

Free initial discussion for your school

Arrange a free initial discussion to find out how we can benefit your school...

  • Free
  • Immediate access
  • No obligation

Get started

What type of children and young people do we work with?

We work with the children and young people who require input from a psychologist. Usually we work with students who are having difficulties within their development, learning or mental health. Not making expected progress or behavioural difficulties could indicate that a child requires psychologist input. Our psychologists are also ideally suited to work with children and young people who have identified or unidentified needs providing a barrier to their learning.

How do we improve outcomes?

We provide instant access to our specialist team, along with a broad range of school services suitable to needs and requirements, including specific assessments, interventions and school training. Our specialists create bespoke packages to address the needs within your students and school.

We understand the pressure to show progress for all students, including those with special educational needs and disabilities. Taking a holistic needs-led approach based in evidence allows us to provide support to improve outcomes.

Do we provide services for children and young people who have looked after and adopted status?

If a school provides education to children and young people with looked after and adopted status then we have clinical, educational and child psychologists who specialise this area and can address specific needs. We provide consistent, ongoing collaboration for long lasting change to make a true difference in the lives of children with adopted or looked after status. Some of our services for children and young people who have adopted status can be funded through the adoption support fund.

How can our psychology services be commissioned?

As a flexible service, we can work through a service level agreement or on a standalone basis for short-term work. Standalone work and service level agreements can be commissioned at any point during the school year. We usually recommend commissioning service level agreements during school budget finalisation so schools can plan effectively for the year ahead. School commissioned services provide the freedom to use our services how and when needed.

Commission HSR Psychology for your school

Ready to get started? The next step is to speak to our team to find out more about the services we provide and how we can help. Call us on 0161 820 9229 or email

How can schools refer to our psychology services?

The referral process for our psychology services are swift and simple. We have a number of options designed to reduce unnecessary paperwork and time spent. Referrals can be made by the SENCO and members of the senior leadership team. Read more about how you can make a referral to our services. We have an open referral criteria, meaning that we can see the students schools need us to see, when schools need.

Our services and team are flexible to needs and would be happy to discuss specific requirements. To talk to a member of our team, or to book a free initial discussion please contact us now.

Contact us

Ready to get started? The next step is to speak to our team to find out more about the services we provide and how we can help. Call us on 0161 820 9229 or email

Name: *
Phone number: *
Email address: *
Enquiry: *

School services

See all services

Other pages:

We're registered...